Posted by: Racoon | 2008-10-31

My under eye dark circles look scary

I have tried almost every product on the market for the dark circles under my eyes. Im Indian and my eyes are a totally different colour as compared to the rest of my face it looks terrible.
What can i do to lighten up.
I dont no what to do anymore evry1 tells me i look so tired i cant be tired all the time.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Raccoon, thank you for the question.

The treatment for ‘dark circles under the eyes’ is dependent on the cause, so your best option would be to consult a dermatologist, an aesthetic medical practitioner, or a plastic surgeon who can examine the area and advise you on the best treatment option.
The following are known causes:
Pigmentation from sun damage that may be treated with pigment lightening creams or with skin rejuvenation technology that is indicated for your skin type.
Hemoglobin: the pigment of red blood cells may ‘leak’ from the underlying venous plexus (collection of tiny veins) that can be treated with combining skin rejuvenation technologies and the product Cernor XO (vitamin K oxide).
Fat loss in the tear trough results in the skin falling into the groove and lying on the venous plexus and bone. This allows a shadow effect, easier access for the hemoglobin to sit in the skin, and for a discoloration to be seen. Typically this is treated with the use of fillers.
There also may be a combination of the above and as such a combination of treatments may be needed.

what is the best treatment for raccoon eyes and sun damage