Question
Posted by: Woman | 2009/11/27

My turn

Dear CS,

You always give amazing advice and I thought that maybe you can help me with a teeny problem today.

My hubby has adult ADHD. We' ve got everything under control, as he has an Adult ADHD specialist psychiatrist looking after him. The problem is me. I am looking for a site that supports family members of adult ADHD sufferers. Sometimes I can get so frustrated and would like to talk with my peers on how to handle some situations. I have, to date, only found support groups for ADHD sufferers and parents of ADHD children.

I' d love to have a place where I can blow off steam, or giggle or just chat to other wives/ husbands and girlfriends

Oooh dear, now I feel obliged to be amazing, and that ain't easy !
Actually, your husband has been lucky to find anyone with a special interest in Adult ADHD, as this condition is still in the process of being formally recognized, and many otherwise good shrinks aren;'t even sure about how to diagnose or treat it.
So, though I'm sure a support group for spouses or even other family members of someone with adult ADHD is a good idea, I haven't heard of one, and wonder whether there is one. Have you checked online whether there might be a web-based group ? Failing that, maybe you're exactly the right person to START such a group here in SA ? Maybe have a quick word with this specialist you've found, who should know many others with the problem and their families, and could help you to contact some to join you.

2
Posted by: Woman | 2009/11/27

Oops, pressed submit before I could say:

Thank you in advance CS, and have a lovely weekend! :)

Woman

Reply to Woman