Posted by: Restless Mind | 2009-10-07

My thoughts

Hello CS

I' d like to share my thoughts here...

My boyfriend has sort of become all religious on me. This does not bother me but it is more of our frirends that bother us. Our friends who are married, I find his wife to be rather critical and judgemental over other people. I know she looks in the interest of other people but let me put it this way. My sister has a child, single mom and living with us at home. She has started seeing a guy 11 years younger than her and isn' t at all bothered by her childs education. The child is 4 and should be starting preschool but her mother (my sister) just couldn' t be bothered at all. She is more interested in keeping her " toy boy"  happy than anything else. Now this friend of mind kept going on and on about how important it is. And YES I know how important it is.

Now my brother is now expecting a child with his fiance. I know i" m not getting anywhere with this story but it' s just the way things are going it makes me feel as though my family is so dysfunctional to the outside world. It has even gotten to a stage where my bf has become a bit judgemental as well. I wonder sometimes if our friends tell him things that we are all wrong in the eyes of God. These are all petty stupid concerns but I do wonder sometimes. I shouldn' t really care what people think of me. Sometimes I think common sense is more important nowadays.

I worry that they think me and my boyfriend are wrong to be together becuase we don' t follow God together as partners should.

It makes me think we have all done everything the wrong way round. Not the way it should be but hey there are worse things happening in the world anyway.

I hope you will understand my concerns. Thanks.

Well, they do sound either dysfunctional or really not functioning thoughtfully or wisely ! As for "following God", I'm not sure whether any of the people you describe are doing that, in any noticeable way.
Is your bf becoming specifially religious, or , rather, moralistic, bothering about people doing bad things ( much of what would bother us is considered bad by people of all religions and none ) ? I wonder why it bothers you, if he is feeling uneasy about behaviours of others which also bothers you ?