Question
Posted by: ama | 2011-05-09

my tastebuds are not working and my sense of smell i too much

Hi Doc and your Panel
I don''t know what''s happening with me as my tastebuds don''t seem to be working recently &  i have challenges on the stuff i have to eat as this puts me off ..my other challenge is my sense of smelling as i seem to smelling a lot of stuff terribly even things i used to enjoy like my perfumes, food and so forth but i don''t mention it to people about it even with my boyfriend''s cologne it falls on the terrible smells too but i can''t say that to him ..i''m not sure the challenges with my sense of smell and taste has something to do with the fact that i''m 3months pregnant ..what can i do as i seem to enjoy bread, all-bran, mielie pap, tastee wheat, raw tomatoes, ham and cheese but other things i can''t eat them
Pls help me so that my unborn baby oemes out health

Ama

Your pregnancy is the most likely cause for the change in your taste and smell. I do however, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination, as a chronic upper respiratory infection can also cause these symptoms.