Question
Posted by: Jen | 2009-11-06

my son' s heels

Hello there,

My 9 year old son had rheumatic fever this year. He is mostly fine now, but he has been complaining about his heels. He says that they are very sore. To what is the heels connected? Would he benefit from a few sessions of reflexology?

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Dear Jen

LN has replied ... and it is best that you see a reflexologist as a case history has to be taken - it is easy to generalise - but to be more precise - one has to individualise and see your son's condition as a whole body and not only focus on the symptom.
Apologies again for the late reply - I ran a very busy practise.

For a registered reflexologist in your area you can go to www.vacuflex.com
Click on therapists and then your area.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stella

1
Posted by: LN | 2009-11-14

Dear Jen

( As the usual reflexology expert appears "  absent"  , I hope you don'  t mind me answering)

The heels are generally related to the pelvic organs, which include the colon, testes and prostate area. However, direct physical damage/inflammation to heel bones from injury should be excluded first.

Should there be no injury to the heel, the colon would be the first system to check.
Eg. the child may be constipated- Certain pain &  fever medications (eg Stopayne, Stilpane etc) can cause constipation as a side effect. being bed ridden for a while (&  being inactive) could also have changed bowel function.

A reflexologist will be able to pinpoint the cause by relating the heel pain to other reflexes.

Hope that above helps

LN

Reply to LN