Posted by: Nikkie | 2011-09-20

My son &  girls underwear

Hi. My son is now 12 years old. I know he is going through puberty, but what worries me is that I found on 3 occasions his cousins underwear (she used to stay with us while) in his bedroom hidden under his bed, pillow and closet. There is no shortness of girlfriends &  i found ladies in bikinies on his cellphone &  PC. I hope the hogging of the underwear is also part of puberty BUT is it normal?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Nikkie,

yes this is not that unusual, but if it keeps happening you may need to speak to him about it not being right to take other people's posessions and how that might make his cousin feel. You can do this within the context of recognising that he is becoming interested in girls and that is fine but there are boundaries to this.

Posted by: Zee | 2011-09-26

Your son is not a cross dresser. He is probably using it to fantasise with and release some stress.

Reply to Zee
Posted by: Bonnie | 2011-09-21

Completely normal behaviour for a boy of 12 I would say. You might not want to think about it, but at puberty, he would find these " props"  quite handy during " self discovery" . His cousin''s was probably the only ones he could get his hands on. I say, do not worry about it, it is normal behaviour for a boy his age. Perhaps just get rid of all the panties in the house, more for your own peace of mind.

Reply to Bonnie