Question
Posted by: Washiela Maker | 2010-11-24

my son

My son is 9years old he is diebetic. his weight is 49kg due he is also a neuphrotic (kidney ) problem. he is on insulin 9 in the morning and 3 at night. His sugar level stay between 4.9 and 7 wich i think is good . Just need some advise for his weight.

Dear Washiela
I am sorry to hear that you 9-year-old son has diabetes and nephrosis. It is essential that you should consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to assess your son's weight and his present diet which must be adapted not only to accommodate his diabetes and his medications, but also his kidney problem. The dietitian will work out an individual diet prescription for your son so that he can lose weight and also handle both these medical conditions.
Wishing you and your son all the best

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-11-24

Dear Washiela
Wishing you and your son all the best