Question
Posted by: NONO | 2008/06/04

MY SON!!!!!!!!!

HI,IAM 30 AND HAV 2 KIDS(4GIRL&2BOY)FROM DIFFERENT FATHERS, I HAV ACCEPTED IT AND MOVED ON LONG TIME AGO BUT NOW MY BOYZ FATHER WANTS TO TAKE HIS BOY TO LEAVE WITH HIM HE IS IN JOBURG AND I AM AT VAAL. WE ONCED TALKED ABOUT THIS AND I AGREED AND ONE OTHER THING IS HE IS SO POLITE WHEN TALKING ABT THIS, WHAT I MEAN IS HE ASKES EVERYTIME EVEN WHEN HE WANTS TO TAKE HIS SON FOR A VISIT.HE DOES NOT DEMAND HIS SON BUT ASKS

NOW HE WANTS TO TAKE THE BOY TO LIVE WITH HIM .
PLEASE HELP I WANT TO AGREE BUT WHAT WOULD PEOPLE SAY I AM THINKING MY FAMILY COZ THEY ONCE SAY THAT I MUST NOT GIVE MY BOY TO THE FATHER AND I SAID TO THEM BUT HE IS THE FATHER HE HAS THE RIGHT.

PLEASE HELLP ON HOW TO NOT LET THEIR TALKS MAKE ME FEEL AN UNRELIABLE MOM TO MY SON AND TO RELAX KNOWING THAT HIS FATHER WILL TAKE CARE OF HIM

THANX

Surely the main concern has to be the best interests of the child. Don't assume that you can't care for him, or that his dad can or cant/ Could you organize a family meeting, or one at least with you and the father and a child care social worker, to discuss the issue calmly and work out what would be best for the child ?

4
Posted by: Power | 2008/06/04

Hi Nono, u sound like someone who has already made her dicision which is to let ur son go stay with his father but the only thing stopping or giving u doubt is ur family..What i would like to know is why would u want ur son to go live with his daddy? any particular reason?

I will not judge u on anything but i always find it hard to understand when a mother doesnt want to stay with her child unless ofcouse there r circumstances that just beyond the mother's control...So what r ur reasons my dear?

Reply to Power
Posted by: TP | 2008/06/04

My sister took her son,against the family's will,to stay with his father.The father's gf gave the child poison my dear,and he died.Ur son will be angry with u when he grows up for not taking care of him but taking the resp to his father.Why do u wanna neglet ur son?

I will personally give my son to anyone,not even his father.He will go visist as much as possible,but not staying with him full time,NEVER!

Reply to TP
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/06/04

here are some guidelines:1) you must trust this man and the safety of your son with him. 2) your son must be willing to move, at least try it. 3) if it is really for the best of the child. 4) his father honestly wants the child with him. 5) if there is a women in the fathers life, does she accept the boy there. 5) are you happy to make regular visits to your son.

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: Maria | 2008/06/04

You must do what you believe is in the best interests of your child, and that is a matter for you and his father to decide.

Reply to Maria