Question
Posted by: Khanyisile | 2010/02/13

My Sister' s Sickness

Dear Doc
My sister is 16 years old. Last year in December she was losing weight, coughing and she was dizzy most of the time. Several doctors found that her blood level was 10 but normally it should be 14 and it was still going down. They later also diagonised her with pneumonia and TB. She is now better though, the only problem is her menstrual cycle. She last went to her periods in November last year. Is it normal for a person in her situation or we should be concerned? Please help.

Yours Faithfully
Khanyisile

Serious illnesses can cause periods to stay away. Pregnancy is always a possibility if she is sexually active.

8
Posted by: Khanyisile | 2010/02/15

She is not sexually active and I doubt she is HIV positive either. I am not 100% sure if she is hiding something. I am sure that she is not pregnant, what may be the cause of not having periods? Could be her blood level?

Thank you for your comments.

Reply to Khanyisile

Posted by: Lex | 2010/02/14

Had her tested for HIV?

Reply to Lex