Question
Posted by: Khanyisile | 2010/02/18

My Sister' s problem

Dear Doc

Last week I posted a question about my sister' s(16 years old) menstrual cycle problem. She last had her periods in November. You said maybe she is pregnant but she is not sexually active and definetly not pregnant nor HIV positive. Is her situation as a result of her blood problem? She lost a lot of blood during August to October menstrual cycle because she had a flow of blood during those months. Should we be concerned or she will have her normal periods after her blood level goes back to normal? (Doctors said her blood level is 10 and its not normal)

Thanks Doc

The most likely thing then is that her cycle has not stabilised. This is common in young girls just starting their periods. It has nothing to do with the blood count.

1