Question
Posted by: Lulu | 2008/08/29

My ring neck parrot

We have a ring neck parrot that tends to pluck his feathers out, not out of boredom as he has lots of toys in his cage but the worst is that he gives off this screaching scream all day which drives me insane!! Is there any tips on making him know that his wails and feather plucking are unacceptable?

Dear Lulu

Phone the Onderstepoort campus Vet's uni) and ask for the contact details of W

2
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/29

MOST feather-plucking habits are neurotic, caused by boredom, but they can also arise as a result of mites or some other skin affliction.

Find an avian vet near you and get the bird diagnosed.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: CyberVet | 2008/08/29

Rest of message: Willemien van Wyk, specialist in exotics. She moved the the Cape earlier this year. Best person to speak to.

Reply to CyberVet