Question
Posted by: gugs | 2011-06-06

My pregnancy not accepted by collegues

i work for a big organisation for almost 10 yrs now.SInce I told tham that that I was pregnant some not all of my collegues including management are are not happy with it. There are rumours that why did I do it and they will see how I will support this baby. I am married and have a 5 year old, although we do not have millions but we planned this baby. I was probably wrong in telling my superior that my husband struggles to find a well paying job. This is now a laughing matter and the insult. i also notice that If I make a small mistake my superior gets angry and say that since I became pregnant I am sort of stupid/though she does not say it in words-she will say something like " this pregnancy took all your mind/reasoning away"  This makes me upset but I can not say anything. I am due to get my baby next month and I do not want them to give me a suprise babyshower as I know it will be coming from their heart.They will just do it as a matter of mormality,I am thinking of asking them not to do it. why people are so cruel?

They are not required to be happy aboput it, but so far as I understand the law, they are not entitled to discriminate against you. You need good legal advice. I cant understand why ANY of the people at work should be unpleasant about your very reasonable decision to have another child. If you feel they would be insincere, you can calmly and pleasantly tell them you would not like a baby shower, as so many people at work have made unpleasant comments about your pregnancy. Are they all frustrated Old maids who have never themselves had a child ?

7
Posted by: J | 2011-06-07

you sure they are jealous? Is it not just your hormones acting up and making you imagine stuff?

I have a feeling they might be joking with you, and you don''t see the funny side of things. Really.....people have better things to do than ponder about other people''s reproductive behaviour.

Reply to J
Posted by: Queen | 2011-06-07

Be content with your pregnancy. Don''t give anyone any lecture or peace of your mind. We can''t change other people even if we wanted to.
They are being nasty to you because they are fighting their own demons. They are unhappy in their lives. For them to expect you to live your live according to their expectations confirms their shallowness.

Enjoy the baby shower, you don''t want to miss all the goo stuff they''ll be buying you in order to " help you &  hubby out"  lol.

Reply to Queen
Posted by: Lol | 2011-06-06

I feel like I can say to you -|- them.....Do not loose sight of what''s important now more than ever you and you baby. If anything you are entitled to make mistakes from time to time as a human being but if it means this people will treat you a duece.... -|- them. Don''t cancel the baby shower, let them come and address them, including your superious, dear. Then let the CAT out of the hat, let them know you know, what at the back of their stupid mind. you know that speech by Malcom X, "  brother and sisters, friends and I see some enemies"  I think you should address them like that...Trust someone with something confidential and they stab you in the -|- en back....I suppose I am a little bit emotional but i am justified

Reply to Lol
Posted by: gugs | 2011-06-06

thanks doctor, they do have children of their own.i don''t know why they wont let me.I am really not enjoying my pregnancy when i am at work. They made my pregnancy a hell to live with.

Reply to gugs
Posted by: gugs | 2011-06-06

Reply to gugs
Posted by: Truth | 2011-06-06

Inform HR, and advise them you are CONSIDERING a case of discrimination against the company. I promise u this will stop very quickly.

Reply to Truth