Question
Posted by: aNNa | 2008/08/07

My pledge

Toughen up on recycling - I get lazy and just throw everything in the same bag - and use grey water in my garden this summer.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Thanks aNNa!

4
Posted by: aNNa | 2008/08/11

Thanks Expert and people - I will be using it on my lawn and beds, not the veggies. I' m also trying to use bio-friendly detergents.

Reply to aNNa
Posted by: EnviroHealth Expert | 2008/08/11

Grey water use is an excellent idea, and it' s fine to use it in the garden, even on vegetables, if you take some basic precautions. I agree it' s best not to pour greywater directly on vegetables that are going to be eaten raw.

For more tips on using grey water safely, see the article " Greywater keeps it green"  in the EnviroHealth Centre under " Green Living" .

Reply to EnviroHealth Expert
Posted by: B | 2008/08/09

Before you water your garden with " Grey"  water, make sure you know what is in that " grey"  water, especially if you are going to water your vegetable patch with it.

Reply to B
Posted by: ENDA | 2008/08/08

I will cut down on the use of the aircon in my office and get others to do the same. I will also carry out a general use of electric energy i n my house to contribute to savings i n the amount of diesel used in the thermal generating of electricity in my country

Reply to ENDA