Posted by: Nic | 2009-04-06

I decided to do a bit of reading up on this foolproof Atkins diet on their website this morning as I thought hey what can I lose - except the weight. .... I read their entire website, tips, recipes, grams, types of food to eat, what not to eat etc. I understand why you would lose weight on this type of diet, but even though it promises me the results I would like to see, I would NEVER do it - for example, I love tomatoes and butternut, sweet potatoes, gems etc. and well what do you know I cannot have any on of these on this diet. I would also have to give up my skim milk portion of milk to well you guessed it full cream milk or CREAM! There was only 1 food group they suggested that I did actually have in my fridge (actually freezer) - and it was a ton of meat - basically you have no other choice, but to eat of mainly this food group!). I have done a lot of reading on the Health 24 site over the past few weeks and have come to realise my eating habits, lifestyle and the types of food (or none at all - slowing my metabalism right down) I am putting into my body are really not that good and that' s why I cannot shift the weight. So, I made a sensible change and have cut back on red meat portions as well as my wine consumption and have started to exercise. I have not seen huge results as far as the weight is concerned, but I feel a lot better about myself and know my new regime can only be good for me - not only now, but into the future as well. Thank you Health24 for all the right advise (not a quick fix) and beware anyone who considers that Atkins may be a healthy way of eating!

Dear Nic
You have really made my day! I am so glad that you have read the various articles on this Website and have come to a sensible conclusion. I am thrilled that you are already seeing excellent results and if you stick to your new healthy lifestyle and eating habits, you will reap the full benefits.
Thank you once again for cheering me up!
Keep up the good work