Question
Posted by: Rileigh | 2010/12/10

my period is gone

Hi doc, please help.

For the last 8 months i have not had my period. It just stopped for no reason. i went to my gynae and did some tests but no reason can be found for this. she put me on some hexal tabs for 10days and said i should get a bleed, but i never did. Im on no medication - i used to be on ovral contraceptive, but also stopped that 3months ago to see if my period will come back, but it still hasnt.

I am not trying to conceive or anything, but seeing that i left the pill, and my husband and i are intimate without protection - and i havnt fallen preggy yet, but i dont want to either. So now i wonder - Can i still fall pregnant - if i want kids later on? should i go back onto the pill?

I am 34 years old. No illnesses or anything like that. No stress nothing - i dont see what could have cause me to loose my period - ITS JUST GONE!!!

I did post this question at the GYNAE DOC on the 8th but have had no reply!!

Hallo Rileigh
I would not take the chance to have unprotected intimacy if you don't want any more kids - an accident is always waiting to happen!
Things that need to be looked at are:
your thyroid (underactive thyroid)
your pituitary gland (tumours can cause this)
ovaries (premature menopause)
Uterus (growths in the uterus)
Please go back to your gyne because she needs to do some further tests to determine the cause.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/10

Hallo Rileigh
Things that need to be looked at are:
your thyroid (underactive thyroid)
ovaries (premature menopause)
Uterus (growths in the uterus)