My partner' s lack of sex drive is driving me mad

Hi There

I' m 27 and my bfd is 30. Sex used to be fun in the beginning of our relationship. I would actually orgasm. He would take his time and pay lots of attention to my body. These days my sex drive is still as high as ever while he doesn' t seem to show any interest. We end up having sex once a month or twice a month if I' m lucky but these days he' s in a rush to satisfy himself and completely ignores my body. I don' t orgasm anymore as the foreplay is non existant. What could be the possible reasons for this change. I' ve asked him on plenty of occassions if I' m the problem that he doesn' t want to have sex with me and he' s always in a hurry when we eventually do. But he says he wants to have sex. It' s killing me inside and is so frustrating as I don' t know if I can stay in a relationship like that without knowing the reason. Please help...

This is diffcult to answer because only your boyfriend knows what is going on. There are a number of possible reasons for such changes: he could be under stress/pressure from work or some other source (eg. family, friends, finances, etc) and/or depressed (depression is a major cause of loss of sexual interest). Conflict or dissatisfaction in the relationship could also impact on the quality of your sexual activity together (e.g. if he feel unimportant, if he is unsure about the relationship, if you fight a lot, etc). It sounds like he needs to wake up to the impact of his behaviour and to either be willing to explore and confront his own issues honestly, or to address the relationship factors if relevant. If you keep on allowing him to avoid this matter, your frustration and dissatisfaction is likely to only continue and make the situation worse for both of you.

Posted by: eish.. | 2009-05-18

You want my number??

Reply to eish..