Question
Posted by: Graham Robertson | 2010/09/21

My nose whistles...

About 4 months ago I had an operation to correct a deviated septum. The ENT said the operation was a success and all was fine, until my nose started whistling (especially at night) and is really affecting my sleep as well as my wife''s. This is when my nose is clear, not congested.

I did ask the ENT about this but he said it should clear up but hasn''t.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Expert ImageSinus Expert

Whistling from the nose is due to air flowing very fast over the mucosal surface, like wind howling around the corner of a house. It is usually seen in pasients with a deviated septum or a septal perforation. Ask your doctor about this.

1
Posted by: Sinus Expert | 2010/09/29

Reply to Sinus Expert