Question
Posted by: Anel | 2010/09/17

My nose bleeds everytime I blow it...

Good Day.

In June this year I was diagnosed with chrinic sinusitis, after seeing the doctor for flu simptoms. I''ve always had a problem with sinus so this didn''t surprise me.

The doctor prescribed a nasal spray to be used twice a day everyday forever as well as one allergex daily.

From this visit to the doctor, my nose has been bleeding everytime I blow it - which is about 10 times a day. But the bleeding is not a dripping bleeding, it''s just when I blow it, it looks like I''m donating blood to kleenex....

Would this be caused by the medication prescribed, or is my sinuses still busy heeling?

Expert ImageSinus Expert

Nose bleeding occurs commonly in sinus sufferers. Frank bleeding is usually due to prominent vessels that gets traumatized. Blood streaked mucous occurs due to swollen mucosa in the nose or as a side effect of some nasal sprays, particularly intranasal corticosteroids. These are the sprays we usually prescribed longterm and are most probably the spray you are using. Changing to a different brand might help. Sometimes some vessels in the nose needs to be cauterized. Moistening the nose with oily drops like Nozoil spray or a humidifier might help

1
Posted by: Sinus Expert | 2010/09/29

Reply to Sinus Expert