Question
Posted by: Sheila | 2009/10/27

My mother and I

It' s me again.
I feel that my mother and I just can' t live together. She says I am always at her, belittling her, putting her down and so on. We live together out of financial necessity. She goes into my room and takes things, I am like 44 she is 67. She is extravagant, can' t see it.She says I belittle and criticise.She washed the dishcloths with the floor mat.She wipes the counters with a rag from the floor.If I say something...she is not senile.

Well, we all get a bit odder when we pass 60, even if we're not senile. And we get more set in our ways, and more reluctant to change to suit anyone else. You say you financially need to live together - where are you living together ? If it's her place, she may feel entitled to do as she pleases and go where she pleases. If it's your place, then she needs to be gently but firmly told that she needs to keep to your house rules, can have her own room where she can do pretty well what she pleases, but should keep out of your space, and maintain hygiene in the kitchen the way you wish

1