Question
Posted by: Tania | 2008/07/18

My Mirena and pregnancy

I' ve had a Mirena-IUD implanted almost three and a half years ago. I am extremely happy with the Mirena and has recommended it to several other women. I only have a quation or two.
1. I understand that it is almost 100% safe. Is there anything at all that can cause the Mirena not to work?
2. What risks are there if I should fall pregnant and not notice it immediately (because I have no more periods)
3. Can the hormones of the Mirena have any effect whatsoever on my own hormones?
4. Is there any long term side effects that I should be aware of (like infertility)?
5. How quickly should I be able to fall pregnant after having the Mirena removed? I fell pregnant with my first child within a month of stopping the Pill after about 5 years use

Your question was answered in your previous post.