Posted by: Sonsug | 2009-01-06

My Merry Go Round Cycle - Please Advise

Ttc for the past year now. Have been off the pill for 2yrs and since March 08 have been tracking my cycle and ovulation. From March - September 08 I' ve had a 36 day normal cycle. Oct 08 - 29 days, Nov08 - 23 days and then Dec - 35 days again (this cycle was different in that there was only a brown mucousy discharge. Should I be concerned and opt to wait or do I need to see a FS?

Dear Sonug

The fact that your cycles have now become irregular would indicate that you most likely have an ovulatory problem now. As you are trying to conceive, I would suggest that you either see your gynaecologist or a fertility specialist to ascertain if ovulation is taking place or not and whether there are any causes as to why you are not ovulating. There are medications available to help you ovulate but this should be taken under medical supervision.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

Posted by: AA | 2009-01-07

I would suggest that you see a FS - for two years I used OPK' s to track my ovulation and every single month it indicated that I ovulated. Eventually I found out that the follicles are so small and immature, that there is no way that I can become pregnant without ovulation induction meds.

Reply to AA