Question

My Marriage is over

Hi all

after 9 yrs of marriage I give up on my cheating husband. He has hurt me over and over and I really cant take this anymore.

we have two young kids and he is the breadwinner.

where do I start?
I want him our of the house asap but he has refused what can I do?
Please help as i am worried that he will be malicious and will try and punish me by withohlding the money. What are my rights?

PLEASE HELP.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Best would be for you to see an attorney. You may bring a Rule 43 application pending the finalization of the divorce and wherein you can request that he pays interim maintenance to you and your children and also that he contributes to your legal expenses. You should also consider to obtain a restraining order hence the abuse.

Answered by Bertus Preller:

Bertus Preller is a Divorce Attorney in Cape Town and has more than 20 years experience in most sectors of the law and 13 years as a practicing attorney. He specializes in Family law and Divorce Law at Abrahams and Gross Attorneys Inc. in Cape Town. Bertus is also the Family Law expert on Health24.com and on the expert panel of Law24.com and is frequently quoted on Family Law issues in newspapers such as the Sunday Times and Business Times and magazines such as Noseweek, You and Huisgenoot. His clients include artists, celebrities, sports people and high networth individuals. His areas of expertise are Divorce Law, Family Law, Divorce Mediation, Parenting Plans, Parental Responsibilities and Rights, Custody (care and contact) of children, same sex marriages, unmarried fathers rights, domestic violence matters, international divorce law, digital rights, media law and criminal law.

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011/09/30

Answered by Bertus Preller:

Reply to family law expert