Question
Posted by: Mom n Wife | 2011-02-10

My marriage is over

But i cant stop crying. I have made an appointment with a counsellor for tomorrow, but in the mean time the pain is killing me. I cant function, concentration is a nightmare, I am upsetting my child, and the burning in my stomach just wont go away.

I cant eat, and I cant sleep. I just wish I could unplug all the feelings and love for this man.

You will do all that you need to do, but in time, not immediately. Its good that you will be seeing a counsellor tomorrow. You don't mention why you are separating, but presumably younhave good reasons for having made this decision, and in time their rightness will become more obvious.
If you have just discovered something hurtful, and are feling a panicky sureness this must mean the mariage is over, well maybe it isn't necessarily so. Explore all of this with your counsellor, review your reasons and alternatives, and work first towards feeling content that you are making the right decision. Then work on getting through this temporary emotional excess. Concentrate on looking after your child, rather than frightening her with your storm of tears.

8
Posted by: friend. | 2011-02-13

drink a sleeping pill

Reply to friend.
Posted by: tyron | 2011-02-11

my advice to you is move on as fast as possiable, I did that when my x wife left me, I have now been married agian for 5 years and I am in a better place than my x :) so what I''m trying to say there is still hope

Reply to tyron
Posted by: a friend | 2011-02-11

Go to place where nobody can hear you and start screaming and screaming and screaming your shoulders will sag and then you must take control of yourself. And if you need more screaming then do it! Trust me medication doesn''t work! Force yourself to watch a movie! a good one. Don''t watch a comedy. Watch a feel good movie. something that will help you to stop thinking! and also just drink a mild tranquilizer (very mild) to enjoy the movie. and do this over and over and then you must just push yourself to go on. it works miracles. Get a friend or a image consultant to ''up'' yourself and make you feel beautiful. This is after you feel better.

Reply to a friend
Posted by: sanet | 2011-02-11

i wish i could take your pain for you

Reply to sanet
Posted by: Hard | 2011-02-10

Hold yourself together in front of your child. Your child has been through enough with being rejected by your husband. Do not add guilt for his mothers unhappiness on him.

Reply to Hard
Posted by: XXX | 2011-02-10

This is never an easy time but you are not the first nor the last that this will happen to.
As difficult as it might be,try to keep yourself occupied by spending time with your children/family/friends etc.
Time will heal and you will find another special person to complete your life.
Do not take your problems out on your children as they are also going through a tough time.
Best of luck

Reply to XXX
Posted by: two-stone | 2011-02-10

Oh Mom, wish there was a magic wand to take away this pain! I am sorry to tell you that there is only ONE cure for this terrible feeling, and that is time. I know it sounds like a lame answer, but it is the truth. I promise that in time this pain diminishes and it will eventually change to a dull regret. Just hold on and you will get through - promise. I feel for you as I think most of us these days have been where you are. Just focus on your child with all your being and you will see, one day you will say to yourself " gee, I am coping" . All the very best for you and your child sweetheart.

Reply to two-stone