Question
Posted by: mummy | 2017/08/12

What is the cause of dry lips?

my lips are geting dry and when I put lipstick it gets more worse what should I do? The first time this happend was when I was pleaning to go to. A party and tired lots of lipstick than my lips started get dry. Than I went to the docotor and he said I should stop puting lipstick but it was still dry I am so upset what should I do

Expert ImageBeyond Beauty Aesthetic Doctor
- 2017/08/15

Thank you for your question. It may seem like a simple thing, but it’s not really a very easy answer. Dry lips can be caused by all sorts of things, such as: Repetitive sun exposure, sunburn on the lips, impaired skin barrier, using soap or soapy face wash on the face, using lip products that do not agree with your skin, using a lot of petroleum-based lip products. So as you can see, there can be quite a number of causes and these that I have mentioned are just a few possibilities. Your main aim for now should be to repair the skin on the lips. Something like Bepanthen cream is great to just soothe and comfort and repair the lips. You can even apply this very thinly under a lip gloss.