Posted by: P | 2012-11-13

My lifestyle review

I just need your opinion quickly, I have started these little changes in Sep. It is as follows:
- 5 days a week (I eat 90%healthy, following high fibre eating plan. 3 meals and two snacks, 2liters of water)
- 4 days a week (gym for approp 75mins, cardio mainly)

weekends I try most saturdays mornings to jog for 30-40mins around the neighbourhood and the rest of the day indulge in what the family is having like a braai (but this I keep to a minimum of say 1 chop &  chicken thigh, 1 roll and bake bean salad &  max 4glasses wine)
Sundays have family lunch with lots of veggies and grilled chicken. But then I only have lunch on a sunday to balance out saturday. Sunday evenings I have a pkt prunes and Monday I have a natural detox from the w/end indulging and get back to my program of 5 days eating healthy and 4 days exercise.

Since then I all my clothes are lose, and people are noticing a difference and complimenting me on looking different (by that meaning flatter tummy and reduced hips)

It does not feel like a diet - because I reward myself on Saturdays for being good the whole week. Sundays I balance out Saturdays indulgence and monday I am back to my routine.

is this in your profession healthy &  wise in the long run / do u endose this?

Dear P
Provided your diet is well balanced (i.e. contains all the food groups) then you can certainly use it. You mention that you are achieving good results which other people are noticing. In your case 'allowing' yourself to have 'treat days', seems not to derail your programme. Many people tend to 'fall off the wagon' regarding their diet if they have 2 days a week where they don't follow their diet strictly. The fact that you are also doing plenty of aerobic exercise is excellent and will promote further weightloss and firm your body nicely.
Wishing you all the best