Question
Posted by: PC | 2011-10-14

my life

I am feeling so misrable lately, I know what i need to do and how i want to be but i cannot just get to that space. I dont even feel comfortable in peoples company. I know i should be thankful for the life i have and my family home etc but i just dont know how, my life feels like a huge mess, i am overweight and my house is a mess i dont know where to start to sort myself out. alot of it has got to do with being uncomfortable in my own body i buy so many things to help and assist in my weight loss but i never use it. i have just now realised while typing this that is basically all boils down to my body image in feeling comfortable in any kind of cloths that is why i am misarable with my life and dont want to be around people. i dont even want people at my place cause its messy too like me.

I will start a healthy journey go all out but then i am back to square one feeling like this today...

Feling uncomfortable in the company of others can be related to such factors as social anxiety disorder, and also poor body image and low self-esteem and self-confidence.
Maybe you should start by seeing a good local psychologist for a proper assessment to help you clarify what the problems are and what would be the best way to remedy them. CBT style counselling can be useful for this.
If weight loss is part of what is needed, then one should, for instance, see a good dietician and make a proper plan for a diet and exercise program that is realistic for you. Almost all of the diet aid products sold are useless, anyway, and as you point out, when they remain in the pack, none could work anyway. Those products make tempting promises to make it all easy, when it cannot be so.
And such counselling can help you to repair your body image - as you wisely realized, with a poor body image you will FEEL ugly whatever you wear, and with a proper body image and enjoyment of yourself, you can look great in almost anything.
The counsellor, especially within a CBT model, would help you to make realistic plans AND STICK TO THEM, rather than unrealistic plans, bound to fail and leave you feeling worse.
And as Nonni says, working within one of the dietician-recommended ( as there are ineffective versions also heavily marketed ) dieting programs, with supervision, encouragement and working with others, can also be helpful.
I suspect robitrek is a gimmick, not a realistic aid to weight loss. Nothing that makes it sound easy and quick can be geuine, but getting weight off and keeping it off, is possible

5
Posted by: L | 2011-10-15

I know how you feel, I felt down in the dumps when I gained weight up to 92 kg!
I exercised and excersised but couldnt get rid of the fat. Mine was abdominal and sure, due to three pregancies, the fat just got bigger and bigger.
I heard about I lipo (yes its sounds like a gimmick but its not). I went to the woman who put the low level laser paddels around my waist for about 10 sessions and together with exercise and sensible eating, I am down to 79kg. In my case, the fat was so hardened and due to weak stomach muscles, i couldnt get rid of it. I also cut sugar out of my diet completely and use Weigh less version of sugar replacements (buy it at Dischem and its is Aspartame free). I drink Coke zero, low fat or skim milk, eat lots of vegetable salads and fruit, coupled with lots of water. My clothes are big for me, I have lots more energy and my skin tone has improved. Try it, sugar is a big no-no.

Reply to L

Posted by: Nonni | 2011-10-14

I knew I had to do something becuse the gimmics did not work. I had to drive past sureslim to go to work, and I would see the fatties in the afternoons, and the not so fatties who had obviously lost the weight. So one fine day, I just stopped there and went in, asked them what they do etc. The woman was so nice, and that is what encouraged me to go with sureslim. I am so glad I did.

Reply to Nonni
Posted by: PC | 2011-10-14

Thank you Nonni, how did you get the motivation to start though, I have just recently spend so much money on an orbitrek and have no motivation to use it.

Reply to PC
Posted by: Nonni | 2011-10-14

There is only one way to lose weight, and that is to eat healthily and to watch your portion sizes. All the aids in the world is going to do absolutely nothing for you. Believe me, I have done every diet, every supplement every gimmic there is. Then I went to Sureslim and followed their diet and stabilised as well. The absolute best thing I ever did for myself.

It costs a little money and you will need the self discipline to stick to it. I suffered in the beginning, because i used to eat all the time, but i did it, and if I can do it, anybody can do it. I really like the help and support a structured environment like that offers. Doing it on your own is ok if you are disciplined, I am not, and it also helped me knowing that if I did not stick to it , I was throwing a lot of money away.

Today I still watch what I eat. I dont ever want to go back to looking like a tellytubby ever again, but I do enjoy my occasional treats.

You will see that when you start feeling better about yourself, the other areas of your life significantly improve as well. I have a lot more energy - I love gardening, and when I was fat, I just did not want to lug my big body around so I just sat on the couch. Now, I am out there in my garden, planting, weeding, fertlising, enjoying.

Good luck, I know exactly what you are going through becase I have been there myself.

Reply to Nonni