Question
Posted by: Kmom | 2011-08-01

my life

Hi CS

How do I stop rushing through my life, I am sitting here thinking about the past weekend which was like 2 days of rush, trying to get the washing done, the house clean, seeing to hubby and kids, cooking the list goes on, and back at work today rush rush through my day, back at home tonight homework, cooking, cleaning and it all starts again tomorrow, I feel like I am about to burn out I have no time for myself. I go to the shops and my mind buzzes thinking of what I must do afterward that I forget half the things I need to get, any advise Cs and others?

Planning helps, to aoid trying to do everything at once. Sharing the load, if possible, with others who enjoy the benefits of the chores having been done ( hubby for sure, and kids to the limit of their abilities, so they learn early that chores are part of life ). Lists help not to forget stuff, though I find I sometimes write a splendid shopping list - then leave it at home. But even having written the list helps one to recall what's needed. But above all, why does it sound as though it's all up to you - what are the rest of the family, non-paying lodgers ?

2
Posted by: Caro | 2011-08-02

Get a black board and chalk for the kitchen. Two columns and a list of chores for everyone depending on their age. Your husband''s list and responsibilities should be equal to yours as by the sounds of it you are nota a housewife. Why are you doing everything? What is he doing when you get home in the evenings and weekends?
At the bottom of the board write down the reward - a movie on a Saturday afternoon/Sunday afternoon drive and ice-cream or just a boardgame for all once all the chores for the week/weekend is ticked off. My kids are 12 and 14 and for the end of the month they are allowed to write their own extra rewards (a new t-shirt or nail polish) if all their chores are done.
They used to earn a certain amount of beans for certain chores (not nice ones like picking up doggy doo) when they were younger - one bean can equal 50cents. This allows them to learn that hard work equals reward but some chores just have to be done for things to run smoothly. Also if they dont put their favourite t-shirt in the wash, it''s not clean next time they want to wear it.

Make it a family effort to draw up the list. I took and old cupbaord door and painted it with blackboard paint and the kids decorated it together. My husband drilled the holes and hung it up. Our board, our chores and our rewards. I hope this helps.

Reply to Caro