Question
Posted by: Cat | 2010/08/30

My life

Every morning the same thing.
For the past probably 2yrs, when I wake up all I think about is I wish I could stay at home!
I wish I didn’ t have to go to work, I wish I worked from home, I wish I was rich enough not to work or getting married to a guy who was rich so that I wouldn’ t have to work. I hate work, do I have to go to work, I wish, I wish… 
It’ s so horrible that sometimes I feel like killing myself, I get here and I am so depressed sometimes that I do not speak to anyone for a week, then I come right and then I feel like that again. When I feel like that all I think about doing is killing myself. The good thing is that I just think about it, sometimes I think about how I would do it.
Sometimes It just makes me sick, like really sick! Then I take sick leave for about a week and I would feel better the first day back and the next I go back to normal.
When I’ m not here I’ m GREAT, I’ m happy, I’ m myself, I love life, I love waking up.
I want this to stop but I don’ t know how, I can’ t leave this place as I’ m looking after my siblings.
Other people think I’ m free and single I can risk leaving to find something better because I’ m young have no kids and not married. We planning to get married soon too and all I think about is how am I going to contribute to our life together and to my siblings (they under 14)
My job is not stressful but my salary is not that great, my benefits are good though and necessary esp. If one has young kids. I do not have a degree or anything and have only been in one industry that I don’ t really think I’ m that good in or enjoy.
I wish I could study but what I know I would enjoy is only available full time.
I hate my life!

Sounds like you concentrate far too much on unrealistic dreams and magnifying the tedious of everyday life. ANd in my experience of people who win the lottery and suddenly GET the sort of life you've been wishing for, they often find it intolerable and quite soon burn out. We need reasons to get out of bed in the morning. And we don't enjoy the nice things in life when everything is "nice", because then "nice" becomes monotonous.
Maybe you have become depressed, but what you are describing sounds less like depression than a sort of fed-up-ness related to unrealistic expectations of how the world can be, and a lack o attention to what IS good and what could be made better about your current situation.
Why not see a good local counsellor for a proper assessment of yourself and your situation, and work on better prob lem-solving skills, and better skills at exploring ways of making life more rewarding for yourself ?

2
Posted by: Liza | 2010/08/30

What would you like to study? Perhaps I could help since I''m quite experienced with after-hours tertiary studies.

Perhaps you should go to your nearest university to have some aptitude tests done. They usually do this for free through their student counseling centers. That will give you a good indication in what direction you should focus any studies. There are so many part-time study options available that there has to be a way for you to do what you really want.

Just let me know if you want my help.
Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza