Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2010/01/11

My Kitty

Hi there,

Problem: My cat is 5yrs old. She has been living with me for about 2years now and she never went out - house cat - she was too scared to go out of the front door.

Now I' ve moved to a ground floor flat with a garden, and she loves this - new behaviour is jumping out of the window at night to go exploring.. (and thankfully finding her way back in again)...

The issue is now she is forever licking and biting on whatever is irritating her skin and relentless scratching. She has bumps behind her ears, under her chin, on her lower back... even her feet and legs seems to be affeced.

I' ve given her frontline about 3/4 weeks ago so not sure its fleas. It is a very sandy environment (dustmites?)...

anyhow because of all her licking, she must be ingesting a lot of hair and have started throwing up here and there. She is on the science diet and some of the pellets come out with the food which have hair on it.

Please advise if this is normal....

I will be getting more frontline in the meatime.

Dear Concerned

It a a flea bite allergy even if you do not see the fleas. Frontlinr her every 2 weeks and spray your carpets with Flego every 2 months.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/01/12

Dear Concerned

Reply to Cybervet