Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2010/02/08

My Job

When I started here (3years ago) they had a bookkeeper and 2 assistants, they also worked the whole weekend at the end of each month to finish, now it' s only me and one (new) assistant.

I have streamlined this job like you can' t believe.

I have been off ill for a week (which happens once a year due to my pneumonia) and my daughter broke her arm (she' s disabled)

I' ve taught my assistant (who' s still studying& has told me when he' s a CA he' ll move on) as much as I can that when I am not here he can cope. He earns a 3rd of what I do.

I don' t show the boss mistakes he makes i teach him why and how not to do it again.

My boss called me in now and said the assistant is bored and I have everything " under control"  at all times - don' t I want to take off more time? Work halfday? Or just some days?

That the business is slow and that in April he' s not going to be able to give big increases...maybe i' d rather take time off in stead of an increase?

What are my rights?

Yes I have a decent contract and surely there is a " last to come in is first to go" ? I could if I wanted to say to him fire the assistant i' ll cope on my own....just work a weekend in here and there?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: MY JOB

It is suggested that you do approach your employer with regard to possibly trading the increase against time off.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/02/08

RE: MY JOB

Reply to labour lawyer