Question
Posted by: Lee | 2009/05/11

My jaw dislocates when I eat

Hi Doc, when i eat or yawn, the right side of my jaw dislocates or something. It especially happens when I eat hard biltong, it' s like it pops out and stays that way, I have to open my mouth wide to get it right again and it freaks me out!!! I don' t know hoe to explain it more cause it' s so weird and feels terrible!!! It started when I got punched in the jaw 2 years ago... Will I need to get an x ray or can I go to a normal GP?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Lee
Go to your GP- he will know what to do and where to refer you if necessary