Question
Posted by: help | 2008-11-20

my husband was molested as a child

is it normal for him to have a low sex drive? is it ok for me to ask him for sex? at this point in time i just leave it. we can go for more than a month without having sex, by then i have already started dreaming about sex...

what to do? any answers or suggestions?

Sexual molestation during childhood can lead a very deep and lasting scars in a person. Pressurising him to have sex, may bring back memories of the event, and cause severe anxiety. Unless this is resolved, it could have worsening consequences on your sex life as time goes on. I strongly suggest that you discuss this with him without pressure, asking to describe to you, what she's feeling when you do ask for sex, and uses information to access the services of a sexual health therapist. This one definitely requires the services of a psychologist.

5
Posted by: a man | 2008-11-21

anon or is it arshole i forgot

Reply to a man
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-21

A Man,
Please give me some break, you know you like up the bumb.
Help, just dump the bastard and move on with your life. There pelnty of fishies in the sea, why worry about some who doesnt want to give it to you? Maybe he just ejoy jacking himself off and using the molestation as an excuss.

Posted by: a man | 2008-11-21

Anon if you have been sexualy molested by your dad like i was does not make you gay in fact we hate any old men or gays near us.......to " help"  speaking form experience do not push him for sex you may push him away...seek profecional help ...i hated sex for along time when all this molestation came back into my head and could not stand being touched...i neerly ended up killing myself then i seeked help ...it took along time but my sex life is back on track and we have never had better sex in our lifes before....it is very sensitive issue but can be overcome...good luck

Reply to a man
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-21

Maybe he is gay

Posted by: ? | 2008-11-20

Maybe you both need to see a counsellor. Him being molested is not something he can get over. The issue is quite serious. Maybe if you both go see someone, it may help.

Reply to ?