Question
Posted by: new bride | 2011/01/07

My husband doesn''t enjoy or want sex

My husband does not want sex and has said that it is over rated, and that he does not enjoy the experience. I have used every possible technique to change his mind to no avail. Is there a medical reason for this, how can it be fixed?

there can be both medical and psychological reasons for the lack of a sex drive. the first point of call would be to go for a blood test to ensure that there are no hormonal / physical problems that underlie his condition. Please consult a GP for the tests.

9
Posted by: Johan | 2011/01/11

mail me at hec0001 at gmail dot co dot za

Reply to Johan
Posted by: Lizzy | 2011/01/09

My man was ook so. Maar nadat ek hom oorreed het om ''n ureloog te sien, en hy met hormoonbehandeling begin het, is dit nou honeymoon every day!!!

Reply to Lizzy
Posted by: Just asking | 2011/01/09

Did you have good sex before you were married? Has he given any indication that he may prefer men ? I''m really sorry for you as sex, especially when newly married is just fantastic. Although, I must be honest here. I had a girlfriend before I was married to my present wife and our sex was simply unbelievable, yet, with my wife its a lot more restrained, prim and proper and that is a big turn off. Maybe it could be your problem, being a bit too modest/restrained/shy ?

Reply to Just asking
Posted by: jim | 2011/01/09

Unfortunately it is a case of get out now (before you have kids if that is ever possible)

Reply to jim
Posted by: XXX | 2011/01/07

That is certainly not usual,in fact very strange.Did he mention this to you before marriage?
I think you should both go see a marriage counsellor or sexologist.
If your sexual relationship is good,your marriage has a much better chance of survival.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Stud | 2011/01/07

There could be various reasons for him not to have sex, like he has erectile disfunction, EJ probs, had a bad experience wrt sex or if you have a child might have observed child birth (that is what killed it for me). I recieved therapy for this but I am still tentative. My advise is to ask him to be open and tell him to you sex is a big deal and you want it... after six months of no sex I was gradually nursed into the idea that sex is pretty much the foundation of my marraige now we try and do it once a week and my mindst really changed.
Hope this help

Reply to Stud
Posted by: HUH | 2011/01/07

I tend to agree with Wow, no man in his right mind would turn down sex unless their was something wrong.

Reply to HUH
Posted by: Wow | 2011/01/07

There is something definitely wrong with him. Which guy in their right mind would refuse sex. How old are you guys? How long are you married now?

Reply to Wow
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/01/07

Reply to sexologist