Posted by: Lisa | 2009-06-11

My husband cant sleep

Hi there. My husband complains of not sleeping well the last few days. He has no stress at work, just one minor investment problem that worries him a bit, but other than that everything is fine. He says that every morning for the last couple of days, when his alarm goes off, he wonders why it is ringing in the middle of the night, then it is accually time to get up (at 06h00). We go to bed at around 21h30. I am 10 weeks pregnant, he said it is not the pregnancy that is worrying him. Should he be taking something like VitaThion regularly? I dont want his sleeping to be interrupted. Oh yes, i might ask him once a night to quickly get up for our son (2 yrs old), but he says that is not a problem.

What do you suggest?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

If it is only a few days, then a sleeping tablet may be the right thing. Just ask your GP for something mild. If the problem persists for more than a few days after that, it is likely that his worries are more serious than he is admitting, and he may have to discuss this in more detail with his doctor.