Question
Posted by: Me | 2008/07/24

My Husband and his cell phone

I know that people on previous postings with this topic have mostly been critisized but I am seriously fed up with my husband' s secretive ways when it comes to his cell. I know we are all entitled to our privacy in a marriage, but WHY is my husband so secretive with his phone if he has nothing to hide. His phone fell and broke the other day, so he put his sim into his old phone, but later he told me that phone is also faulty. I believed him. But I took a chance the next evening to put my sim card in that same phone because my phone battery was flat and my charger at work, and low and behold, the phone was working. I asked myself why did he lie? Is it because he doesnt want to keep his phone on in case someone phones him when Im there? because it does happen soemtimes that he doesnt want to pick up certain calls. I know it fr a fact and I dont know how to confront him about it because it always ends up in an argument. Im not worried about his cell phone Im just tired of all the lies! How do I approach this?

Don't you need to ask him these questions, rather than us ? There could be innocent explanations for what you have noticed, but dont you need a calm adult discussion of this ?

5
Posted by: chants | 2008/07/25

Yes, i had the same problem , the phone was alway kept on his belt , neva put down. It even get with him to the garage when he pulled the cars in ....... and so on. Then oneday he was in the bath and a sms came thru i read it TOOK down the number and then asked him who it was. Wrong number ....... Anyway 3 months later i found out about his " FRIEND" 
It really broke me as a person , cos all this time i suspected something but allowed him to convince me i was just being paranoid. The next day after i found out , when he left for work i went thru the account folder only to see if the number i had kept matched any on his cell bill. WHAT A HUGE surprise i got 6 months cell ph bills were missing.
We went for counselling for a couple of months and things were Rosy but now once again i am having this FEELING that somethings not right........ NOW am i being paranoid or is it intiution

Reply to chants
Posted by: erin | 2008/07/25

i agree with ck and cindy, my husband acted funny at sum point with his fone and wen i went thru his messages, saw ladies names on the message recepient list, then i decided to come up with numbers and store them on my fone as guys, and he went thru my fone one day as asked me who they were and i told j=him i dnt ask who (the gals name i saw on the fone is) who she is, so i told him what he does i can easily do, i knw its a crazy thing, but it scared him, he doesnt act funny with his fone, its alsways on but neva rings or shall i say theres just nothing suspicious, so id say things are cool. wen a person gets defensive,there usually is smthn

Reply to erin
Posted by: CK21 | 2008/07/25

If there is nothing to hide, why be secretive? I know from my own experiences that when someone behaves in this manner, there is definitely someone else in the picture. Get ready because its inevitable.

Reply to CK21
Posted by: Cindy | 2008/07/24

This I can tell you, if he is secretave of his phone, there must be some one else ask me i know. get the phone and check it for msg' s if he doesnt pick up the phone you pick it up or ask to see who is phoning. secrative to his wife about phonecalls or lies about his phone not working sounds 2 me like an affair.

Reply to Cindy
Posted by: Me | 2008/07/24

I have asked him and the answers I get are more lies lies lies lies, Im so sick of it, why the hell did I get married aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhggggggggggggggg

Reply to Me