Posted by: anon | 2009-07-09

my husband

he is always with his friends, sometimes i think he doesnt want to be with me. his father when alive was the same choosing friends first could that have had influence on him as a child. he got this one guy friend that influence him and puts on an attitude whenever he was with him, and comes to me with his bad attitude. he is gullible. can you pls explain to me the psychology of it, besides even talking to him doesnt help cos he will just do it again.what can i do to keep him at home.sounds silly, but it happens isnt?

There seem, judging from the messages I see here, to be too many boy-husbands, still more deoted to partying with their pals than to realizing that they are now supposed to be a grown-up man with adult responsibilities to his wife and family. Understanding the psychologiy of it in his particular case could only be done by a therapist seing and assessing him, and wouldn't really help you to deal with the problems that arise. I gather he has lost his father, who could have been a useful restraining influence --- is his mother still alive, and could she help ? Or any other more senior members of his family who could remind him of his responsibilities and the need to become more of a man and less of a kid ?