Question
Posted by: Predicament | 2008/07/01

My home

I am in such a predicament, and don't seem to get to a realistic answer.I have a useless husband who is a drug addict, he has not worked or earned a salary in 3yrs. He says he wants to stop the drugs and everything else that leads to his lifestyle, yet he won't DO anything to stop. In other words he won't help himself. My problem is this, we started renovating 3yrs ago, I have put ALL my money into the renovation and it is still not done. My husband cannot pay the bond any longer and I want out! My kids and I have been living in a granny flat for the last year and half, and we just cannot do it anymore. Do I cut my losses and sell and loose out on all the money I put in? or do I continue to try to finish my dream home, not sure where the bond money will come from. In the meantime my husband is living off me, with no real intention of getting a job and his life sorted out.

So sorry to hear of this predicament. My financial skills are well less than zero, so I can't really advise, but I hope some of our regular wise readers will be able to help