Posted by: Desperate | 2011-03-28

My hip is killing me!!

Hi there,

I am 7 months pregnant and have only one complaint through out my pregnancy and that is the excruciating pain i am suffering with, coming from my left hip. The pain is getting worse and sometimes is so severe i cant even roll over and i actually need my partner to shift my position so that i can get up.

I have history of pain in this hip existing from before i was pregnant, i have had xrays which show nothing. My new GP felt the muscle around my hip for a muscular cause and according to hip i must not worry. I dont think he understands what kind of pain im talking about.

The pain used to be (+/- 2 years ago) sharp and brief and only when i stood up and put my weight on it. the sharp pain would temporarily parilze my left leg and drop me to the floor. it was not a constant occurance though.

Now the pain is still only when i want to move using muscle associated with the hip but now its even from laying down,it no longer paralizes me, but it is far more painful and no longer brief, it lasts as long as i am using my hip. it does seem to come and go though. meaning i can go a week with no pain or slight pain.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me what it could be and what i could do to ease the pain. Is there anything i can rub on my hip, any excercises i can do for my hip?

I should add it is not weight related as I am only 54kgs at 7 months pregnant and preprganancy weight was 43kgs. ( I am short). I also have mild scholiosis and am in my ealry 20''s and fairly active.

Expert ImageOsteopath

Your symptoms could be arising from an inflammed spinal joint or other associated stucture. For best evaluation, treatment and relief please consult with your nearest osteopath.