Posted by: Pat | 2010-10-23

My head

Yesterday I had a dental liquid in my mouth when I noticed a sneeze coming, so I decided to sneeze with my mouth shut. It hurt a lot, but then I forgot about it. Well, about an hour later, I started to feel a lot of pressure on the sides of my head, just above my ears, and along the line just below the chin. It felt almost like the feeling of emptiness you get in the head when you''re very hungry. Then I felt very dizzy and almost fainted. I lay down for a bit, then ate something and felt a little better, but the pressure was still there. I called a health number and the nurse told me to go to bed and sleep with my feet a little high and ice on my forehead and to drink a lot of water. I did that. I slept a few hours until 8pm, then stayed awake in bed until 11pm and then slept until 7am this morning. When I woke up, my head and eyes felt like I had been crying a lot the night before. Exact same feeling. It''s been like that all day. If I move my head normally, it hurts more. I have to move slowly. And my right side hurts more than the left. (I have a tendency to sleep more on that side too, so I don''t know if it''s because of that.)
The pain isn''t unbearable, far from that. But I wonder what''s behind it. I know my ears are not damaged because they feel normal, and my eyes don''t look red nor is the pupil bigger than usual. There''s no visible swelling. I look totally normal. No dizziness either now. Am I just bruised inside? Is there any chance that I''ve had a minor haemorrhage?
The nurse yesterday told me to go to the doctor today, but I didn''t go because I have no health insurance anymore. Please, tell me, is there any chance something could still be happening inside that I don''t know of, or is everything (whatever it was) over by now? Is it safe to just ignore it?

Thank you!

Excrutuating headaches should not be ignored and I do suggest that you consult a doctor at your state clinic. Unfortunately, I am unable to waiver an opinion, as I have not examined you.