Posted by: Worried | 2009-01-22

My hair is falling out

I lost 25kg and I am still following a healthy eating plan, but my hair has started falling out about 4 monhts ago (not bunches) but little bit. The doctor has tested my iron, thyroid and red and white blood count and everything is normal. He know prescribed a good multivamine and folic acid.. What is your opinion and what could cause the hairloss (I dont have alot of stress) and I dont use any medication.

Dear Worried
Congratulations on losing those 25 kg - you are a bright ***star***. I must say that you do not seem to have any of the conditions that could normally be associated with hairloss - e.g. iron or thyroid deficiency, stress (except for the weightloss) or use of medications. I can only suggest that you consult a Dermatologist if the hairloss continues.