Posted by: Jared Pillai | 2009-04-24

Hi i am currently 20 years old and for about 6-8 years i haven' t grown abit and gained weight all my brothers are tall and well built and i have tried streching,,.does this have something to do with my eating...i am shorter than my dad...i am 1.6 and i am thin...
Please give me some advice

Expert ImageTeen expert

The genetics different siblings inherit mean that things such as build, height, eye colour, hair colour etc differs. So you may not be just the same as your brothers.

If you feel you are not growing as you should you can check this with your GP in terms of normal growth and development

Posted by: DW | 2009-05-21

Hey dude, I have exactly the same problem. I am now a 29 year old male, and only 1,65m tall. All my brothers are much taller than, including my younger sister. My elder brothers and sisters teenagers are taller than me. All my friends are taller than me. You guessed it, I have always battled and still battle to get dates with girls, I have actually started to hate myself. But please don' t ever get like me, learn to love yourself and appreciate who you are.

Reply to DW

It sucks being the short one sometimes. If everyone else is is tall and muscular and you are the odd one out, chances are you either dieted too much when you were younger or you might have an undiagnosed heart condition or something along these lines. Go to a doctor and explain to him what your gripes are. But more likely, you are just unlucky.

Posted by: Bella | 2009-05-06

All that matters is that you are happy with your self. People come in all shapes and sizes, and are perfect in their own way. Society today is cruel, it tells us what' s supposed to be beautiful and creates a false image that no one can live up too.

Reply to Bella