Question
Posted by: sudha | 2011/05/22

my grand mother is a diabetic patient and suddenly her glucose raise to 340 ..what should i do ..do tell me..im really very scared ...please do tell me...

Dear Sudha
If your dear grandmother either develops severe hyperglycaemia (when her glucose rises so dangerously high) or hypoglycaemia (very low blood sugar levels that make her faint or dizzy), you should take her to the nearest hospital or clinic immediately. Such great increases in blood sugar levels can be fatal and cause permanent damage. In such cases, your grandmother needs immediate medical attention. I would also recommend that you and your grandmother and any other members of the family who may help to care for your grandmother, should attend a briefing session with your medical doctor, so that he/she can carefully explain what you need to do to firstly avoid such episodes and secondly what steps to take if they should occur. I have addressed some of these questions in the article I wrote for the DietDoc site this week. It should be available by tomorrow if you click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page.
I do hope that your dear grandmother is feeling better now.

3
Posted by: Annekie | 2011/06/08

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure causing by menopause. How must my diet looks like ? Please educate me. Thank you

Reply to Annekie
Posted by: X | 2011/05/23

Get her to hospital emergency room a.s.a.p.

Reply to X

Dear Sudha