Question
Posted by: roby | 2010/01/10

my family

im in love with a very sweet and understanding woman, iam 5yrs older than she is, my mother does not like her, she chose a woman for me to marry and i dont love her and we share a child together. i was mad with my mother last week and so i told her that im cutting all ties with them, because iam always the one who rescue them in any situation and they never helped even with a small thing.now nobody is talking to me even my brothers who were very close to me.i decided to apologise yesterday, but things are still the same.i want to marry this other woman i chose, but how, when my mother is pushing me to marry the one she chose for me?im now staying home and no longer go to the one i want to marry because whenever im away, they threaten to take my child away from me and at the same time it messes things up with the one i want to marry.we talk and sms each other on a daily basis, but i know she loves attention not phone love.kindly assist

Some moms, for the best of motives, doubt whether any other woman is good enough for their son. But they should not be allowed to select the woman their son must marry. If you are really sure her choice is wrong, and that your choice is right, just say no. A counsellor could help you review your decision and feel more sure of it's rightness, and to learn how to be assertive rather than aggressive.
Unless there is clear evidence of significant harm or risk to the child, they are not entitled in any way to take any child away from you.

2
Posted by: v | 2010/01/11

why don' t u seek legal aid regarding this matter....Go see a laywer and tell him your situation. if the mother can' t look after the child and u can proof it  u will get full custody.. good luck

Reply to v