Question
Posted by: roby | 2010/01/10

my family

iam 34 yrs old guy,i have a little boy aged 4yrs, me and his mother fight time and again for small things and she ends up swearing at me. my mother wont let me be the person i love as theres already someone iam involved with.she took the mother of my child and forces me to marry her, she stays with me in my back room at home, we sleep in the same bed and she knows very well i have someone i trully love not her.i want out, but they are threating to take the boy from me, i love my child and want whats best for him, take him to a best school etc.the boy s mother is not working and i have to support her and my child even though i no longer love her.what can i do.

YOu know that such fighting is a sign of an unhappy relationship, such that marriage counselling is surely needed. And you also know that fighting ,ike that in front of the child is bad for the child. I don't understand how any mother can exert the sort of power you describe, unless you simply give up and GIVE her all the power she wants.
So long as there is no evidence of any real harm to the child, they have no right whatever to take any child away from a loving parent

2

Posted by: Maria | 2010/01/10

Roby I' m a bit confused. Are you married to your child' s mother or not? Either way legally they cannot just " take him away"  from you, you are his father and unless there is something you are not telling us, you have the same rights as his mother.

Reply to Maria