Posted by: Marge | 2009-08-27

My facial skin marks very easily from scratches etc.

Premature-aging genes run in my family. I am in my very early 30' s, and I have noticed over the last year that my facial skin is very prone to showing up scars and scratches. Over time I have realised that my facial skin is very thin. I am a slender person and I am not sure if this has anything to do with it. I have noted how overweight women usually have stronger skin and fewer lines. Is there anything that I can take or use to help strengthen my skin and to reduce the signs of premature aging?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Marge, thank you for the question.

There are a number of treatments one can consider to ‘strengthen’ the skin and reduce the signs of ageing:
Topical products: NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc. and always ensure that you use a SPF 50 or higher several times daily that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide
NeoStrata Glycolic Acid Peel
Skin Rejuvenation: FotoFacial™, Syneron’s Matrix RF, Fraxel, etc.

Posted by: Marge | 2009-09-01

I have received mixed messagesregarding the use of anything higher than SPF 15. Some people claim that, in order to compensate for the high SPF in creams like 30+, harmful chemicals have been added so that we can use these creams. Is there really cause for concern when using an SPF 50 cream? Can these high SPF creams be Carcinogenic?

Reply to Marge