Question
Posted by: Amanda | 2011/03/16

My dog is Leaky when he sits or lays somewhere

My dog is a Jack Russel/Terrier mix but i''ve noticed of late that he is slightly leaky. I''m not sure of the proper terminlogy so please bare with me.

He''ll sit or lay somewhere and later when he runs off, the carpet or bed where he was laying on is slightly damp.

Could this be an infection or illness of some sort?

He also looks quite skinny, he doesn''t pick up weight even though he eats like a ''''pig'''' to put it mildly. My dogs get tin food (chunky or chunks in gravy dog food) twice a day and there normally is dog chunks near their water that they snack on.
He seems to eat well but he doesn''t pick up weight, i''m deeply concerned.

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Amanda, you need to take your dog to the vet as soon as possible. This sounds medically related and your vet will be able to do a full examination and assess what is causing this to happen. As with all medical conditions, the quicker you seek help, the quicker the treatment can begin. Thanks Scotty

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2011/03/27

Scotty is SO right. While it could be just a bladder infection, it could also be a cancerous tumour in his abdomen pressing on the bladder. Make sure you get a proper diagnosis because my dog was hurriedly mis-diagnosed with bladder infection (no lab test done) and it turned out to be cancer, too late to save him.

Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/03/17

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert