Question
Posted by: TVR | 2008/10/01

My dog is biting others

I have a Staffie who is about 1.5 years old. I have socialized her since we got her at 10 weeks old. She goes to dogs training and to day care during the week. Only thing is she has started fighting with other dogs specially at day care which is strange because we are there so it' s not like she is trying to protect us. I was told that after she has fought she goes and sits in a corner looking very ashamed. Please help as I have never had a dog that fights before (and i have had Staffie' s before).

Dear TVR

Best to discuss with your dog trainer as this can be a very complicted issue to discuss on a forum.

Good luck.

2
Posted by: Behaviourist | 2008/10/02

Please do not acquire this book or follow any of its recommendations. Millan is an extremely controversial individual, and his methodology has been criticised by most of the leading authorities and organisations in the dog behaviour field. Please obtain advice from a suitably qualified and experienced behaviourist or trainer instead.

Reply to Behaviourist
Posted by: WR | 2008/10/01

She needs proper training. Ask the day-care to keep her seperate from the other dogs. If they can' t do that you' ll need to keep her home in the daytime.
Do yourself a favour and buy the book Cesar' s Way by Cesar Milan.

Reply to WR