Question
Posted by: Kobus | 2013/05/30

"my daughter is 14 and very active in playing hockey and likes to jog. She frequently complains about pains in the lower left abdominal area.

We have been referred to various specialists and no one can make an exact call. She gets physio twice week which gives relief until the next day or so. The closest diagnose I can make by focussing on the information at hand - is that it is some kind of Bursitis in hip area. At times in a hockey games she experiences that 'her hip dislocates'. The pain is in the same area as where milt pain occurs (at times she complained it was in the right hand side as well - which we thought could be appendix related but lately it is mostly in the left side area, but she practice hockey twice a day and do a 4km every second day (on treadmill most of the time but also on the road - and there is no variance to the symptoms and either of the formats of running). The pain seems to be more of an acute nature and will pick up in the evening after a training session, which will cause her to cry from it but just hold out until it subsides or she fells asleep. Taking some serious hits in hockey I guess increased her pain threshold and she has kind of accepted this happenning and just bear through it till she falls asleep. We have been giving pain relievers and Cataflam, but it upsets//burn her stomach and we are not treating the cause - so we limit it. She is short build with a small body structure and very athletic. It will be highly appreciate if someone can shed perspective on the possible cause and treatment. Kind regards