Posted by: yolandi | 2013-02-15

my daughter

my daughter is diagnosed as mild mental retardation, according to our doctor she has bipolar, she uses medication, she does the strangest things, she walked away from home the second time, i don''t know if she will be coming back, i don''t know where to start looking for her, according to my neighbor she had a lot of young men over at our flat, when we leave for work she invites them, i feel i want her to go to mental institution should i do this through the welfare or can i book her in myself, i cant help her anymore, she started working two weeks ago but from yesterday she stayed away, she is only 16 turning 17 in april

I'm assuming that these diagnoses have been properly made by a proper specialist child psychiatrist, as such matters are not ever properly dealt with solely by a GP. Any competent child shrink should be able to recommend local services and facilities which could provide safe care for her either wholly or during the times that you are not at home. If you can find a suitable institution, they will want a doctor's assessment, though you can then armed with that arrange admission as you wish. These adolescent years may be the most difficult of all to manage - they're hard enough with an entirely healthy person, and more difficult to handle in someone with such problems in addition.