Posted by: Busi | 2011-01-14

My child might be autistic

I have a 3 year old son. He does not talk yet and sometimes when you cal his name he does not respond.

He is also not very social and most of the time plays on his own.

I have read the symptoms of autism and some apply to him. If he wants a juice, he will bring his bottle and shove it in my hand, then I know he wants a drink. He turns 3 next year February and the not talking is worrying.

He does make sounds (baby talk), but no proper words. Not sure what to do.

Expert ImageAutism Spectrum Expert Forum

hello Busi
it is most important to get him assessed by a psychologist who has experience with autism spectrum... they will refer you to someone for services. where are you based? there is lots of information, diet support and therapeutic intervention available.. i can refer you once i know where in the country you live?

Posted by: Lynette | 2011-02-09

My son is the same he turned 3 in October last year already his speech is very limited. To make a long story sort we eventually had him at a pediatric neurologist in Jan this year and he was then diagnosed with Autism.

Reply to Lynette
Posted by: poepseexy | 2011-02-01

Reply to poepseexy
Posted by: Honey | 2011-01-26

I think you must consult an occupational therapist who will be able asses your son and advice accordingly. If you suspect there might be a problem with your son, you might be right even if it''s not necessarly autism. Have him checked out and get the correct diagnosis. Hope it''s not autism, it can be complicated! Good Luck!

Reply to Honey